Tuesday 4 June 2013

Group therapy


This week the prompt at Julia's place isn't so much as a prompt as a general theme. As it's been sunny for more than three hours on the trot, the prompt is YELLOW. My mind took me to a strange place writing this one, but see what you think. 

Group Therapy

She reeked of DEET when she arrived. Bloody honeymooners. All pale-skinned and in love. I like a challenge.
-         - What happened?
At dawn they rode hot-air balloons over the plains. Came back after breakfast. Laughing, kissing, sharing the photos. “You look so silly!” “Wow, you got the lion yawning.” You know.
-         - Go on.
It was chilly when they woke. She didn’t shower. She didn’t spray. I knew they laid down when it got hotter. So I waited. Was easy.
-        - OK, would you like to introduce yourself?
My name is Dina. I’m a mosquito and I have yellow fever. 
100 words

To read more entries at Julia's Place click on the image: 

4 comments:

  1. Great post! A mosquito. :)
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/100-word-challenge-for-grown-ups/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea where you were going with this. I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was a mosquito watching trying to find his next feed. Well done. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes,that's a spooko tale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reads and comments ladies. Have been travelling so couldn't get them up until now.
    Am back and ready for some more 100WCGU...
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Share a word or two... it's what life is all about.